Eating Gluten Free,Its Lifestyle Change

Eating Gluten Free, Its Lifestyle Change

Everywhere I go these days I seem to be constantly feeling and learning that if I want to recover or just feel better I need to remove gluten from my diet. This has proved to be a much bigger task than I ever imagined. And to my surprise, I did not know that I was a complete gluten addict. Lack of gluten is not just a diet change, it is a complete lifestyle change!

A few years ago my General Health Care Doctor found me as a gluten-sensitive person and told me to eat cereals. Although I changed my diet and ate more grains, natural sugars, fruits, and more vegetables, I did not take all that seriously. But when I do research on my recent diagnosis, the Pathologic Detoxifier, I find that a gluten-free diet is part of the protocol for improvement.

So far I have found that to be truly gluten-free means I can no longer eat at my favorite Chinese restaurant, soy sauce is in everything. Sushi may be good but there is no teriyaki and I am not sure what to add to the Pad Thai soup or sauce. Then there are family restaurants, salads without croutons may be great, but what do they put in their dressing? Oil and vinegar would be a good decision but honestly who goes out to eat a green salad with this? Even fried chicken restaurants, what do they put in their dishes and sauces? Depending on how much you need it, one might think that a steak house would be a good decision, but what do cattle eat? Many eat grain for the rest of their lives, and what about those who are advertised for eating grass, usually feeding them grain in the winter and for the last few weeks before being slaughtered. I always look at 100% vegetarian meat and know that it is safe and healthy too. Dairy is another lesson, what do they feed the animals?

Luckily there is a growing interest in gluten-free food, we have a farmers 'market at the farmers' market down the road and they are very good at labeling all their gluten-free products. Last week they had a great store selling all of their gluten-free foods, which inspires me to try new products! A few other stores in our area have leaflets displaying their gluten-free products. I have to admit that I have never shopped at major grocery stores, however, I was happy to see so many products like gluten-free baking mixes on the shelf and regular baking blends.

This is just the beginning of my journey, I am still struggling to find a completely gluten-free solution and not letting that loaf of crumbly sourdough crumbs in the kitchen, my family's favorite, overwhelm me.

Buy Gluten-Free Products Online Now @ www.skyroots.in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Significant hints for Healthy eating and living!

Gluten Free FAQ

Gluten-Free for Health: Fad or Fact?